An order was passed to end the quota reservation for the candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC castes.
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath today announced that the quota based reservation for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Castes (OBC) in UP Private medical colleges will be ended in the state. According to the reports, an order was passed to end the quota reservation for the candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC castes in post graduate courses in private medical colleges. This landmark decision comes on the heels of many Educational Reforms been suggested by the new UP Government.
In such a short span of time, several initiatives have been taken by UP CM Yogi Adityanath for the betterment of state and to end corruption.
Other initiatives for enhancing UP’s education system:
English to be introduced from Nursery
Also, in order to enhance the state’s education system, the Yogi Adityanath government is planning to introduce English in UP government schools from nursery instead of class 6, which is expected to blend nationalist and modern curricula.
“The traditional and the modern should blend. We should have an education system which promotes nationalism but is modern.”
Yoga and self-defence programme in schools
He has also issued directions to the state officials for making a yoga education programme compulsory in government schools along with mandatory self-defence training for girl students.
Compulsory foreign language
The new BJP government has also decided to make efforts to ensure that students learn at least one foreign language. The concerned authorities have been directed to connect school syllabus with “nationalism” and “patriotism” as well as “culture.”
OTHER IMPORTANT DECISION TAKEN BY YOGI ADITYANATH
- On April 4, Yogi Adityanath waived-off farmers’ loan worth Rs 30,729 crore in the first cabinet meeting.
- In the second Cabinet meeting, Adityanath decided to give 24 hours of uninterrupted power supply to district headquarters in Uttar Pradesh, 18 hour power supply to rural areas and 20 hours to Tehsil headquarters.
- The Yogi government also approved the proposal to make UP roads pothole free by June 15, and the electricity sharing proposal with the Centre.
- The UP electricity department was asked to replace non-working transformers within 48 hours.
- 24*7 supply of electricity to every household by September 2018.
- Farmers’ old dues to be paid within 120 days by sugar mills.
- In urban areas, the officials were asked to replaced faulty transformers.
- 24 hours power supply in all the cities.
The order to abolish SC/ST an OBC quota in the State’s Medical Colleges adds to the already rapid list of improvements the UP Chief Minister has already implemented in his state in his short tenure at the office. With this pace, it can be adjudged that the UP CM Yogi Adityanath is determined to implement rapid plans.